Celebrate Your Summer Vacation on Nantucket at The Nantucket Hotel.
Enjoy Our Nantucket Hotel’s Rate Deals this Season.
Celebrate Summer on Nantucket. Come see everything this critically acclaimed Island has to offer during the high season. Nantucket boasts:
- Nearly 80 miles of public, pristine beaches…From family-friendly beaches that are perfect for walking, wading, and shell collecting – to spectacular ones with rolling waves that are ideal for body surfing. On Nantucket, you can watch a gorgeous sunset, seals frolicking in the waves, and the boats coming into port. During the summer season at The Nantucket Hotel, we offer daily shuttle service to popular Jetties Beach and Surfside Beach for our guests.
- Quaint, cobblestoned streets in downtown Nantucket…Teaming with eclectic shops, cafes with live entertainment, open-air restaurants, galleries, and cultural events.
- Scenic lighthouses with sweeping views and intriguing history and award-winning museums with renowned artifacts and collections.
- Myriad bike and walking/jogging paths…Ideal for couples and families that leisurely want to explore the Island – to athletes who want to train for marathons and top-level races.
- Native splendor…Windswept moors, salt marshes, ponds, coastal dunes, wildlife sanctuaries, and more.
- Fun summer festivals and events…Awe over the Independence Day Fireworks in July, enjoy the renowned Boston Pops Concert in August, view the spectacular sailboat regattas or reel in your catch at the annual Big Game Battle fishing tournament. This summer, there are many fun-filled events that will keep you busy, no matter what your interest:
Independence Day Fireworks – July 2017
What’s the 4th of July without the fireworks? Thankfully, Nantucket features a jaw-dropping fireworks display for the Independence Day holiday. Jetties Beach, within walking distance of The Nantucket Hotel, is the perfect vantage point from which to view them and they’re even synchronized to music on the radio! The celebration begins at 9:00 p.m. This year, the fireworks will be held on Monday, July 3rd with a rain date of Wednesday, July 5th.
Nantucket Yoga Festival – July 7-9,2017
If yoga is your passion, then you don’t want to miss the Sixth Annual Nantucket Yoga Festival. The word’s top yoga instructors, wellness professionals, and healthy living practitioners will be on-hand to guide and assist you. The Westmoor Club hosts the opening night celebration on Friday, July 7th from 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.. On Saturday and Sunday, July 8th and 9th, an outdoor tent at Bartlett’s Ocean View Farm is the venue for all of the classes and workshops, which are held from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. You can practice what you learned afterward in our complimentary yoga classes at our fitness and spa facility, The Nantucket Club!
Nantucket Triathlon 2017 – July 15, 2017
If participating in a grueling 1/3-mile swim, 13.4-mile bicycle race, and 3.4 mile run is your thing, then be sure to pre-register and compete in this year’s Nantucket Triathlon 2017. If watching from the front porch of The Nantucket Hotel while the energetic event participants zoom by is more your speed, you’ll be happy to know that our Hotel is conveniently located on the Nantucket Triathlon route!
Nantucket Comedy Festival – 2017 Dates TBD
The nation’s premier comedians will all flock to Nantucket in mid July for the Nantucket Comedy Festival. This happy event supports the Island’s Stand Up and Learn kids and teens educational program. If you like fun and laughter, be sure to be on Nantucket for this side-splitting festival, which is held at the Dreamland Theater and the Island’s VFW venue.
Ninth Annual Nantucket Garden Festival – July 18-20, 2017
Nantucket’s Garden Festival pays tribute to the multitude of gorgeous garden ecosystems on Nantucket and focuses on sustainability, conservation, and the Island’s long-term gardening “big picture.” This Festival features educational workshops, garden tours, fun events for the kids, and a grand opening night party. Proceeds benefit the Nantucket Lighthouse School, a private school for children from preschool years through 8th Grade.
Sandcastle and Sculpture Day – 2017 Dates TBD
Many beach communities host sandcastle building contests during the summer, but Nantucket’s is extra special! Heading into its 44th year, with myriad bragging rights behind it, this annual tradition is held at Jetties Beach (you can walk or take our complimentary shuttle service there!) and make a day of it. Both families and teams compete for the highest honors/awards, as dozens of grand and innovative sculptures take shape, before both participants and viewers’ eyes. This is a fun, “must-see,” or take part in, event that is perfect for the entire family.
Nantucket Antiques & Design Show – August 2017 Dates TBD
A much anticipated summer highlight is the annual Nantucket Antiques & Design Show, which is a major fund-raising event for the Nantucket Preservation Trust and The Community Foundation for Nantucket. It features several days of parties, lectures, and activities and brings together collectors and hobbyists. This is one of the most highly regarded antiques’ shows on the East Coast. In 2016, it was held at the brand-new Nantucket Boys and Girls Club venue. Check back later for more information on the 2017 event.
Boston Pops on Nantucket – August 12, 2017
The August concert by Keith Lockhart and the Boston Pops is another top attraction of the summer season on Nantucket. This year’s event, the 21st annual, takes place on Jetties Beach from 7:00pm – 9:30pm and benefits the Nantucket Cottage Hospital. Come enjoy great food, spectacular music, and a memorable beach backdrop you soon won’t forget. This year’s special guest will be determined at a later date. Please check back.
Nantucket Race Week – August 12-20, 2017
If you like sailing, then you need to be on Nantucket for Race Week. This community-wide sailing event features nine days of regattas, award ceremonies, and parties, and is the primary fund-raising event for the Nantucket Community Sailing organization. Race Week is proudly sponsored by the Nantucket Yacht Club and the Great Harbor Yacht Club and is appropriate for all ages.
Nantucket “Big Game Battle” Fishing Tournament – August 2017 Dates TBD
Nantucket’s popular summer fishing tournament is now 17 years old and is affectionately known as the “Big Game Battle.” Held in mid-August, this invitational fishing tournament was started by a group of weekend fisherman who really love the sport. Come try your hand, rod, and reel in landing the “big one” and help raise money for charity!
Annual Opera House Cup Regatta – August 20, 2017
Now in its 45th year, this treasured tradition lures some of the best sailboats in the World to Nantucket’s waters. This heralded Regatta was the first race on the East Coast to showcase all-wooden, single-hulled vessels, and is a classic sailing spectacle to behold!
- Savor the season from your home base at The Nantucket Hotel…We have everything on-site to help you celebrate summer, including outdoor, heated swimming pools; an outdoor hot tub; cozy rocking chairs on our front porch, s’mores by our fire pits; complimentary Children’s Programs; afternoon lemonade and cookies, and more!
To book your summer accommodations at The Nantucket Hotel, or to check availability, click here.