Celebrate Nantucket Jolly Holiday Season – Thanksgiving – Christmas Stroll – Christmas & December School Vacation – New Year’s Nantucket Hotel Deals – at The Nantucket Hotel.
The Nantucket Hotel & Resort is excited to be offering a variety of specials for the 2019-2020 holiday season. Guests and locals alike know they can enjoy year-round entertainment from our easy-to-reach downtown location on Nantucket:
- Pre-Holiday Shopping, Christmas & December School Vacation Special – December 13-31, 2019 (click here)
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Dinner – December 24 and 25, 2019 (click here)
- New Year’s Eve Ocean Preservation Seminars & Gala “Under the Sea” Dinner & Dance Celebrations – December 30 & 31, 2019 (click here)
Hotel Rooms from $225 per night (from December 13-26) with a one-night minimum stay and $295 per night (from December 27-31) with a two-night minimum stay, excluding taxes. Suites starting at $315 per night (from December 13-26) with a one-night minimum stay and $395 per night (from December 27-31) with a two-night minimum stay, excluding taxes (rates dependent upon stay dates).
If you’re staying at The Nantucket Hotel during Christmas time, you’re in for a treat. We have a huge, beautifully decorated tree in our lobby and also serve festive holiday dinners in our Grand Ballroom with live entertainment. Make sure you visit the Whaling Museum for the renowned “Festival of Trees.” The Museum transforms itself into a magical winter wonderland with over 80 brilliantly lit and decorated trees.
Whether you’re visiting us post-Stroll or during Christmas or December School Vacation Week, our spacious suites can comfortably accommodate any size family. Enjoy:
- Our Nantucket Kids’ Club – a complimentary, supervised activity program for children.
- A workout, hot tub soak or complimentary yoga or fitness class in our fitness and spa facility, The Nantucket Club.
- Our family game room, library, and complimentary DVDs.
- “Make-your-own” S’mores (for both children and adults) at our fire pits. Click here to see our gourmet adult S’mores and S’mores cocktail menus.
- Lunch or dinner in our glass-enclosed Breeze Terrace by the cozy fire pits. Or, Meet & Greet Santa during Brunch on December 15th.
- An invigorating, self-guided walk…There are lots of places to explore or walk into Town and see a first-rate movie at Nantucket’s historic Dreamland Theater.
Join us on Christmas Eve or Day for festive dining events and live entertainment by our glowing fire pits in our glass-enclosed Breeze Indoor/Outdoor Terrace. See our 2019 Christmas Eve & Day Prix Fixe Menu.
For Reservations: Call 508-228-4730, E-Mail our Food & Beverage Manager or Book online
New Year’s Eve Ocean Preservation Seminars & Gala “Under the Sea” Dinner & Dance Celebrations – December 30 & 31, 2019
Our annual New Year’s Gala is a cherished, wildly quirky, and festive island party. PLUS, the second annual ANCHOR DROP is being held at the Hotel at 5 p.m. (for families) and Midnight (for all others).
Tickets are going fast…get yours today! Come dressed in Resort Chic/Ocean-Inspired attire (think blue, sea foam green, and coral colors, as well as flowing dresses).
Seals, Sharks and Stewardship –The Nantucket Hotel Under the Sea Seminar on December 30th
Come listen and learn about local marine mammals, their relationship with sharks and how this changing ecosystem works with humans. Also learn about local Nantucket initiatives and the New England based groups who are working to combat plastics, waste-water pollution, climate change and its impact on and Under the Sea.
- Become mesmerized, listening to Great White Shark expert, Dr. Greg Skomal, one of the nation’s leading Great White shark scientists, who will speak to the growing seal population on the Cape and the Islands and why so many Great Whites are frequenting our waters
- Understand the importance of dealing with micro-plastics and banning single-serve plastics on the Island with Nantucket’s Natural Resources Department
- Discover the work being done, on island, by Marine Mammal Alliance Nantucket to rescue and save marine mammals, big and small
- Learn from a group of Worcester Polytechnical Institute students on how they’ve created Nantucket’s first Island whale sculpture designed to capture plastic waste from our beaches
- Hear from Vikki Spruill, The New England Aquarium’s CEO, on programs that are fighting for ocean life, finding resolution to the threat of plastics in our oceans, adapting to climate change and its impact on marine mammals, such as a returning increased seal population on the Cape and the Islands
So come grab a drink and enjoy learning about our fascinating and dynamic ocean environments!
3:00 p.m.: Thaïs M. Fournier, Water Resource Specialist, Nantucket Natural Resources Department
3:15 p.m.: Scott Leonard, CEO, Stranding Coordinator, Marine Mammal Alliance Nantucket
3:30 p.m.: WPI students and the Moby project
3:45: p.m. Vikki Spruill, President and CEO, The New England Aquarium
4:00 p.m.: Dr. Greg Skomal, Living with Sharks
4:45 p.m. Meet and Greet, Breeze Bar
New Year’s Eve Party Details on December 31st:
- DINNER & DANCE: $189 per person* (*Price includes tax and gratuity)
- Cocktail reception, starting at 6:30 p.m. with complimentary wine
- Elegant Dinner, starting at 7:30 p.m.; served in a friendly, community-style seating environment
- Dance party from 9:00 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. with Matty B donning his DJ hat and spinning a mix of the best party tunes
- Light Bites/Late Night Buffet from 11:30 p.m. to 12:15 a.m.
- Resort Chic/Elegant, ocean-inspired attire is suggested (think blue, sea foam green and coral), as well as flowing dresses
- ONLINE TICKETS FOR OUR DINNER & DANCE PARTY ARE NOW SOLD OUT. PLEASE CALL OUR CONCIERGE, SHARON AT 508-901-6780 TO SEE IF ANY TICKET AVAILABILITY REMAINS OR PURCHASE OUR DANCE-ONLY PARTY TICKETS INSTEAD. THANK YOU.
- DANCE ONLY: $80 per person* (*Price includes tax and gratuity)
- Under the Sea-themed dance party from 9:00 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. with “Matty B,” spinning a mix of the best, upbeat party tunes
- Light Bites, Late Night Buffet from 11:30 p.m. to 12:15 a.m.
- KIDS NEW YEAR’S GALA: $75 per child
- Drop your children off in our Kids’ Club…They can ring in 2020 – kids’ style! Hours: 6:30 p.m. – 12:30 a.m.
- Your kids can enjoy a Pizza Dinner and many activities including: “Minute-to-Win-It” games, make your own S’mores, a movie, antique fire truck rides, and more
- Reservations are required. Please call our Concierge, Sharon at 508-901-6780.
- NYE SPECIAL PACKAGE: Enjoy a two-night stay in an Islander King hotel room, two Under the Sea New Year’s Eve Dinner & Dance Party tickets, two daily complimentary Continental Breakfasts per person, and a meet and greet with one of the nation’s most acclaimed Great White Shark scientists, Dr. Greg Skomal (as seen on 60 Minutes). Package Price: $695. To book, call our Reservations Team at 866-807-6011 or e-mail them. Be sure to mention code NYE19.
See our Nautical New Year’s Eve Dinner & Dance Party with Entertainer Matty B from Dec. 31, 2018!