Celebrate Nantucket Jolly Holiday Season – Thanksgiving – Christmas Stroll – Christmas & December School Vacation – New Year’s Nantucket Hotel Deals – at The Nantucket Hotel.
“Those Who Don’t Believe In Magic Will Never Find It.” – Author, Roald Dahl
Watch our Nantucket “Holiday Happenings” Video at The Nantucket Hotel!
The Nantucket Hotel & Resort is excited to be offering guests a variety of specials for the 2018-2019 holiday season. Guests and locals alike know they can enjoy year-round entertainment from our easy-to-reach downtown location on Nantucket.
Transportation to the Island and The Nantucket Hotel is convenient, as fast ferries depart to/from Nantucket throughout the late fall and winter holiday period, take only an hour, and make getting to the Island fun.
Specials for the Nantucket Holidays:
Thanksgiving Special – November 21-25, 2018 (click here)
Christmas Stroll Weekend Special – November 29-December 2, 2018 (click here)
Post-Christmas Stroll & Pre-Holiday Shopping Special – December 3-15, 2018 (click here)
Christmas & December School Vacation Special – December 16-31, 2018 (click here)
Hotel Rooms from $275 per night; Suites starting at $350 per night, excluding taxes (rates dependent upon stay dates). A three-night minimum stay is required if checking in on Wednesday-Saturday.
We’ll be serving up a lavish Thanksgiving buffet feast, once again – complete with all the trimmings – in our Grand Ballroom at The Nantucket Hotel on November 22nd. Prices and our Thanksgiving Menu will be posted as soon as they are available.
- Holiday weekend activities will include: the 17th Annual Cold Turkey Plunge at Children’s Beach on Thanksgiving Day (warm up after the Plunge by indulging in our a la carte hot chocolate, cider, specialty drinks, light bites, and signature clam chowder offerings, starting at 10:30 a.m.); the Nantucket Tree-Lighting Ceremony at 5:00 p.m. on November 23rd, featuring over 100 brightly decorated Christmas trees and festive community caroling; and the Festival of Wreaths on Wednesday, November 21st, Friday, November 23rd, Saturday, November 24th, and Sunday, November 25th at the Nantucket Whaling Museum.
- Join us for our popular Front Porch Beer Garden with Live Music on Friday and Saturday evenings, November 23rd and 24th from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Our bountiful Thanksgiving Feast Buffet Menu will be posted as soon as it’s available. Seating Times: 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Live piano music from 12:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m, antique fire truck rides, and family activities – including our Kids’ Deck program. Reservations required. Call 508-228-4730 or e-mail Michael Blaksteen, Director of Food & Beverage. You will also be able to book this holiday event via our OpenTable app; check back in the fall.
Hotel Rooms from $295 per night (Thursday & Sunday), and $550 per night (Friday & Saturday); Suites starting at $375 per night (Thursday & Sunday), and $675 per night (Friday & Saturday, excluding taxes (rates dependent upon stay dates). A three-night minimum stay is required.
Celebrate the 45th Year of the famous Nantucket Christmas Stroll at The Nantucket Hotel! This weekend-long extravaganza is a feast for the senses and appropriate for couples and families. There is live music, house tours, a visit from Santa and Mrs. Claus by boat and horse-and-carriage, beautiful holiday decorations, a holiday market, activities galore, and hundreds of trees and stores decked out in fine splendor, transforming downtown Nantucket into a winter wonderland.
Below are the special dining and entertainment events that will be offered at The Nantucket Hotel during Christmas Stroll Weekend:
- Front Porch Beer Garden with Live Music
- Festive a la carte Stroll luncheon, dinner, and brunch menus served in Breeze all Stroll Weekend long
- Enjoy cocktails around our cozy fire pits on our glass-enclosed Breeze Indoor/Outdoor Terrace all Stroll weekend long
Our 2018 Festive a la Carte Stroll Luncheon/Dinner Menu will be posted as soon as it’s available. Reservations are required. Please call Michael Blaksteen, our Director of Food and Beverage at 508-228-4730 or e-mail him. You will also be able to reserve these Stroll dining events via our OpenTable app; check back later this fall.
Make sure you also visit the Nantucket Whaling Museum for the renowned, 26th Annual “Festival of Trees.” This gorgeous event kicks off on Stroll Weekend and will run through December 31, 2018.
Hotel Rooms from $195 per night (Sunday-Thursday) and $250 (Friday & Saturday), excluding taxes; Suites starting at $275 per night (Sunday-Thursday) and $345 (Friday & Saturday) excluding taxes (rates dependent upon stay dates). A two-night minimum stay is required (Friday & Saturday nights) & a one-night minimum stay weekdays.
Are you ready to shop until you drop? Then, take part in the post-Nantucket Christmas Stroll before Christmas! Visit us the weekend after the Island’s popular Christmas Stroll and snag the best deals! This is the weekend that the “locals” come out to shop and enjoy the festivities, as downtown is ablaze in holiday color, lights, and decorations. If you’re lucky, you may catch a glimpse of Santa arriving via antique car.
Afterward, unwind at The Nantucket Hotel. Take a self-guided walking tour, curl up with a book, soak in our outdoor hot tub or challenge yourself to an invigorating workout in The Nantucket Club. The Theatre Workshop of Nantucket typically puts on festive productions in honor of the season. To see what this year’s performance will be, click here.
Hotel Rooms from $225 per night (from December 16-27) with a one-night minimum stay and $295 per night (from December 28-31) with a two-night minimum stay, excluding taxes. Suites starting at $315 per night (from December 16-27) with a one-night minimum stay and $395 per night (from December 28-31) with a two-night minimum stay, excluding taxes (rates dependent upon stay dates).
Christmas time at The Nantucket Hotel is special. We have a huge, beautifully decorated tree in our lobby and also serve festive holiday dinners in our Grand Ballroom with live entertainment. Make sure you visit the Whaling Museum for the renowned “Festival of Trees.” The Museum transforms itself into a magical winter wonderland with over 80 brilliantly lit and decorated trees.
If you’re staying with us during Christmas or December School Vacation Week, our spacious suites can comfortably accommodate any size family. Enjoy:
- Our Nantucket Kids’ Club – a complimentary, supervised activity program for children (ages 3 and toilet trained to preteen).
- A workout or complimentary yoga or fitness class in our fitness and spa facility, The Nantucket Club. Massage services are also available for a fee or soak in our hot tub.
- Our family game room, library, and complimentary DVDs.
- “Make-your-own” S’mores (for both children and adults) at our fire pits. Click here to see our gourmet adult S’mores and S’mores cocktail menus
- Lunch or dinner in our glass-enclosed Indoor/Outdoor Breeze Terrace by the cozy fire pits. Or, Meet & Greet Santa during Brunch on December 16th.
- An invigorating, self-guided walk…There are lots of places to explore or walk into Town and see a first-rate movie at Nantucket’s historic Dreamland Theater.
- We are also offering our Front Porch Beer Garden on Saturday, December 22nd from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Join us on Christmas Eve or Day for festive dining events by our glowing fire pits in our glass-enclosed Breeze Indoor/Outdoor Terrace or on December 16th for a special Brunch with Santa. Our 2018 Festive Prix Fixe Christmas Eve and Day Menu will be posted as soon as it’s available. Please check back. Reservations are required. Please call Michael Blaksteen, our Director of Food and Beverage at 508-228-4730 or e-mail him. You can also reserve these Christmas dining events via our OpenTable app.
We’re also offering events for New Year’s. Check back soon for more information.