Nantucket Jolly Holiday Season – Thanksgiving – Christmas Stroll – Christmas & December School Vacation – New Year’s Nantucket Hotel Deals
Celebrate and ring in all the Nantucket Holidays for the 2017-2018 season at The Nantucket Hotel.
Watch our Nantucket “Holiday Happenings” Video at The Nantucket Hotel!
The Nantucket Hotel & Resort is excited to be offering guests a variety of specials for the 2017-2018 holiday season. Guests and locals alike know they can enjoy year-round entertainment from our easy-to-reach downtown location on Nantucket.
Transportation to the Island and The Nantucket Hotel is convenient, as fast ferries depart to/from Nantucket throughout the late fall and winter holiday period, take only an hour, and make getting to the Island fun.
Specials for the Nantucket Holidays:
Thanksgiving Special – November 22-26, 2017 (click here)
Christmas Stroll Weekend Special – November 30-December 3, 2017 (click here)
Post-Christmas Stroll & Pre-Holiday Shopping Special – December 4-16, 2017 (click here)
“Season of Whimsy” – Christmas & December School Vacation Special – December 17-30, 2017 (click here)
New Year’s Eve Ball and Children’s Event Specials – December 30, 2017-January 1, 2018 (click here)
New Year’s Eve Three-Course Prix Fixe Dinner in Our Breeze Restaurant (click here)
Hotel Rooms from $275 per night; Suites starting at $325 per night, excluding taxes (rates dependent upon stay dates). A two-night minimum stay is required if checking in on Wednesday or Friday. A three-night minimum stay is required if checking in on Thursday.
- We’ll be serving up a lavish Thanksgiving buffet feast – complete with all the trimmings – in our Grand Ballroom at The Nantucket Hotel on November 23rd. There will be live entertainment, antique fire truck rides, and activities for your children, including our complimentary Kids’ Deck program, which will be offered from 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. After your children are through eating, drop them off in our supervised activity program where our Team members will entertain them while you finish your meal.
- Holiday weekend activities will include: the 16th Annual Cold Turkey Plunge at Children’s Beach on Thanksgiving Day; our Front Porch – Live Music, Light Bites and Cocktails event at The Nantucket Hotel on Friday, November 24th; the Nantucket Tree-Lighting Ceremony on November 24th, featuring over 100 brightly decorated Christmas trees and festive community caroling; and the Festival of Wreaths at the Nantucket Whaling Museum. Please check back for the updated links with additional information about these events. They will be posted as soon as they are available.
To see a Sample 2016 Thanksgiving Buffet Menu, click here. Seating Times: 2:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m. Piano Music with Mollie Glazer. The 2017 Thanksgiving Menu and Prices will be posted as soon as they are available. Reservations required. Call 508-228-4730 or e-mail Michael Blaksteen, Director of Food & Beverage.
Hotel Rooms from $295 per night (Thursday & Sunday), and $550 per night (Friday & Saturday); Suites starting at $375 per night (Thursday & Sunday), and $675 per night (Friday & Saturday, excluding taxes (rates dependent upon stay dates). A three-night minimum stay is required.
Celebrate the 44th Year of the famous Nantucket Christmas Stroll at The Nantucket Hotel! This weekend-long extravaganza is a feast for the senses and appropriate for couples and families. There is live music, house tours, a visit from Santa and Mrs. Claus by boat and horse-and-carriage, beautiful holiday decorations, a holiday market, activities galore, and hundreds of trees and stores decked out in fine splendor, transforming downtown Nantucket into a winter wonderland.
Below is a sample of the special dining and entertainment events that are typically offered at The Nantucket Hotel during Christmas Stroll Weekend. Dates and times for these events will be updated for 2017 as soon as the information is available:
- Front Porch – Live music, light bites menu & cocktails. Cozy blankets are provided. Offered Friday & Saturday afternoons into the early evenings
- Special a la carte Stroll luncheon menu served in our Breeze dining room on Friday and Saturday afternoons
- Festive Stroll a la carte dinner menu served in our Breeze dining room on Friday and Saturday evenings
- Enjoy cocktails around our cozy fire pits on our glass-enclosed Breeze Terrace all Stroll weekend long.
- Sunday Brunch served at Breeze Restaurant – together with live piano music
To see a Sample 2016 Festive a la Carte Stroll Dinner Menu, click here. The 2017 Stroll Dinner Menu will be posted as soon as it’s available. Reservations are required. Please call Michael Blaksteen, our Director of Food and Beverage at 508-228-4730 or e-mail him.
For additional information about the Nantucket Christmas Stroll, please visit the Nantucket Chamber of Commerce’s website.
Make sure you also visit the Whaling Museum for the renowned “Festival of Trees.” This gorgeous event kicks off on Stroll Weekend. An updated link with the latest information will be posted as soon as it’s available.
Hotel Rooms from $195 per night (Sunday-Thursday) and $225 (Friday & Saturday), excluding taxes; Suites starting at $275 per night (Sunday-Thursday) and $315 (Friday & Saturday) excluding taxes (rates dependent upon stay dates). A two-night minimum stay is required (Friday & Saturday nights) & a one-night minimum stay weekdays.
Are you ready to shop until you drop? Then, take part in the post-Nantucket Christmas Stroll before Christmas! Visit us the weekend after the Island’s popular Christmas Stroll and snag the best deals! This is the weekend that the “locals” come out to shop and enjoy the festivities, as downtown is ablaze in holiday color, lights, and decorations. If you’re lucky, you may catch a glimpse of Santa arriving via antique car.
Afterward, unwind at The Nantucket Hotel. Take a self-guided walking tour, curl up with a book, soak in our outdoor hot tub or challenge yourself to an invigorating workout in The Nantucket Club. The Theatre Workshop of Nantucket typically puts on festive productions in honor of the season. To see what this year’s performance will be, click here.
Hotel Rooms from $225 per night; Suites starting at $315 per night, excluding taxes (rates dependent upon stay dates). A one-night minimum stay is required.
Christmas time at The Nantucket Hotel is special. We have a huge, beautifully decorated tree in our lobby and also serve festive holiday dinners in our Grand Ballroom with live entertainment. Make sure you visit the Whaling Museum for the renowned “Festival of Trees.” The Museum transforms itself into a magical winter wonderland with over 80 brilliantly lit and decorated trees. An updated link with additional information about this event will be posted once it’s available.
If you’re staying with us during Christmas or December School Vacation Week, our spacious suites can comfortably accommodate any size family. During this time, we’re also offering our “Season of Whimsy” Special. Enjoy:
- Our Nantucket Kids’ Club – a complimentary, supervised activity program for children (ages 3 and toilet trained to preteen). Drop-off your kids from 9:00 a.m. to Noon and our Team members will ensure they have a fun time
- A surprise nostalgic welcome amenity
- Game nights
- Pajama & movie nights
- Recess-themed workouts with hulu hoops & more
- Wet paint and wine classes
- A soak in our outdoor hot tub with warm cider & hot chocolate (optional “spiked” for adults)
- Gourmet S’mores
You can also take an invigorating, self-guided walk…There are lots of places to explore; challenge yourselves to a complimentary workout in The Nantucket Club; watch some DVDs from our library; or walk into Town and see a first-rate movie at Nantucket’s historic Dreamland Theater.
- Join us on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day for a special dining event in our Ballroom. We’ll be offering a festive Prix Fixe holiday menu and live entertainment on December 24th and 25th.
- Times and prices for these 2017 holiday dining events will be posted once they are available.
To see a Sample Festive Prix Fixe Christmas Eve and Day Menu from 2016, click here. The 2017 Christmas Menu will be posted once it’s available. Reservations are required. Please call Michael Blaksteen, our Director of Food and Beverage at 508-228-4730 or e-mail him.
Stay for the weekend or attend just our Spectacular 6th Annual New Year’s Eve Ball. We’re also offering an additional separate New Year’s Eve event for kids.
Hotel Rooms from $225 per night and Suites starting at $315 per night (on December 30). Hotel Rooms from $295 per night and Suites starting at $395 per night (on December 31) – rates dependent upon stay dates. A two-night minimum stay is required on Friday & Saturday nights. Taxes are additional.
Watch a Video of our First “Get Your Gatsby On” New Year’s Eve Ball at The Nantucket Hotel!
We’re excited to be offering our 6th New Year’s Eve Ball in 2017!
- In 2012, The Nantucket Hotel hosted a “Get Your Gatsby On” New Year’s Eve Ball
- In 2013, we threw a spectacular Black-and-White, Masked Ball with Mindy Todd, host and producer of The Point on WCAI, orchestrating our “Countdown to Midnight”
- In 2014 we said “Bonjour to the New Year” during our fabulous Moulin Rouge Ball
- In 2015, we transformed our Hotel into a glamorous transatlantic ship, the SS – Nantucket Hotel, and featured a fun “A Night to Remember” event
- In 2016, we invited people to hustle on over to our New Year’s Eve Disco Ball where we modeled our Hotel after New York City’s famous “Studio 77″ nightclub
- 2017’s Ball theme has not yet been decided, but it’s sure to be equally as fun and fabulous! Check back soon for more details.
In addition to our gala Ball, Nantucket offers an annual “Nantucket New Year’s” event, which is also spectacular. As in past years, for the 2017 season there will be community-wide events, several days worth of arts and entertainment activities, holiday shopping deals, and much more.
Flashback to our New Year’s Eve Disco Ball in 2016…
Our adult New Year’s Eve Disco Ball at The Nantucket Hotel” on December 31, 2016 was a smashing success!
- Attendees wore bell bottoms, mini skirts, wigs, disco-era jewelry and platform shoes, as they partied the night away at The Nantucket Hotel’s 5th Annual New Year’s Eve Ball.
- We Boogie Oogie Oogied, caught the Disco Fever, and shared the Last Dance of 2016 together…a la “Saturday Night Fever” with the fabulous Perry Rossi Orchestra!
- There were light bites,, festive drinks and cocktails, and a champagne toast at Midnight.
- Many fun-filled, themed festivities were offered from 9:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m., including a Photo Booth
Tickets for our 2017 New Year’s Eve Ball will be available for ordering online at a later date. Please check back.
We’re Also Offering a New Year’s Eve Ball Event for Kids – Ages 5 to 12
If You’re a Nantucket Hotel Guest, a Nantucket Club Member or You’re Attending Our Adult New Year’s Eve Ball, Bring Along Your Kids…We’re Offering a Separate, Supervised New Year’s Eve Ball Event Just for Them!
Are you a Nantucket Club member or a Nantucket Hotel guest attending our New Year’s Eve Ball or staying at the Hotel? Then, you can skip the hassle of trying to find a babysitter for the evening for your kids. Instead:
- Drop your children off in our Kids’ Club and let them enjoy a separate, special New Year’s Eve Kids Ball at our supervised party. They can ring in 2018– kids’ style! Hours: 9:00 p.m. (8:30 p.m. check-in) to 12:30 a.m.
- Your kids can enjoy a Pizza Dinner and many activities including: “Minute-to-Win-It” games, antique fire truck rides, make your own S’mores, and a movie.
- Cost: To be determined. Please check back.
- Reservations are required. Please call our Concierge at 508-901-6780.
Join us before our New Year’s Eve Ball for a memorable Three-Course Prix Fixe holiday dinner in our cozy Breeze dining room or on our glass-enclosed Terrace. There will be live entertainment.
Dining Hours: 5:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Price: To Be Determined. Reservations are required.